Level of Difficulty: 7
Level of Embarassment: 11
Ahhh, the first day of anything. What should I wear? Where do I park? Will someone show me where the copier is, the bathroom, and sit with me at lunch?
My outfit, a bit dated. Black running shorts from Target, old gray FBI t-shirt and sneaks that reached their peaks many moons ago. Parking was a breeze. The people were nice. I followed the herd to find the jump ropes and a nice girl showed me where the "weighted PVC pipe" was since the real bar with weights thingy was totally out of my league!
So no one laughed or snickered when I could barely lift the kettle bell much less swing it around, or that my squats were pitiful and I surprisingly couldn't even jump rope! I kept doing this jive skip-pity do dah muppet dance and as hard as I tried today my moves looked nothing like what should be played to the "Eye of the Tiger".
At 6:40 a.m. everyone put the jump ropes back (yeah, I knew right where to go!) and went their separate ways, so I wasn't left out of any plans to go get a protein shake somewhere up the road. The only plans I know of now is for me to return tomorrow and the next 5 weeks and pray by the end I can jump rope with both feet on the same rhythm.





Ahh, I've always wanted to do a boot camp!! How are you liking it so far??
ReplyDeleteFirst adjustment is getting up at 5:15 a.m. since that is the only time I can go. The workout is different everyday so that keeps it interesting. I'm learning a lot, and may become hooked!
ReplyDelete