So, a person I admire very much spoke about how their bedroom is designed with two club chairs, a nice rug and lamp in one corner, and he made a point to say that they have no TV in there because this is where he and his wife sit and talk in the evenings. I remember thinking no way I would want to do this because well, I don't know why just because and please don't bring this insanity up again!
Only a few weeks later did the 50-inch-screen-TV in our bedroom break, forcing an under the covers DVR marathon hiatus. Maybe it was all the busy nights typical in December that made breaking the boob tube before bed habit so effortless. I really didn't miss it.
We did get the TV fixed within a month but in that time we started watching one show in the evenings in the living room with our bowl of ice cream and blanket; same fun, different room. After watching one show it would still be pretty early so then I could get my PJ's on and hubs and I could sit and talk about our days, our plans for tomorrow, or maybe get a chapter in on our current reads.
Having an uninterrupted conversation is pretty much impossible during the waking hours of our children so these days I've really come to enjoy all the talk shows on in our bedroom. The TV's love tank is a little low however, and worried it might end up on Craig's List!





No comments:
Post a Comment